Friday, December 2, 2011

Pick It Up

I picked up my race packet tonight. The swag was pretty minimal. Of course there was the free race tee, it is cute enough, a little boring in white perhaps but at least it's not a color I can't live with. A Powerbar in Vanilla Crisp --- I haven't had one of these in forever! A small pack of Jelly Belly Sport Beans and a red wristband with a pocket to hold keys, money, or whatever else you can fit in there. And that was it! Well aside from the numerous flyers with upcoming races, training programs, etc.

While I was at the running store to pick up the packet I saw they had a table full of the Asics Thermopolis LT 1/2 Zip top.

If you haven't felt this top yet - you must! It is unbelievably soft. It took everything in me not to buy one but Christmas is right around the corner and believe me it's on my wish list now.

I laid out my gear for the morning. Brooks cap, Brooks Essential Run 1/2 Zip, pink tee, running tights, Merrell Swift socks, Timex watch (no Garmin --- yet!), sunglasses, Amphipod Micropack, and then not pictured: Mizuno Wave Rider 13 and sports bar/undergarments.

Now I need to get some sleep.

0 comments: