Sunday, November 6, 2011

And the training begins...

It's official, there's a 15K and a finish line that I must reach...and in order to get there I must train!

I am not new to running but I am new to the world of racing. I recently signed up for my first 5k in support of a wonderful program called Girls on the Run. I will be a running buddy to a middle school aged girl and will motivate and encourage her throughout the run.

Signing up to be a running buddy to help someone else reach their goal inspired me to set a goal of my own. For a while now I have contemplated running a half marathon. Then I came across a 15K that was screaming my name. I knew I HAD to run this one, it's in my favorite city and includes my favorite food...it's the Hot Chocolate 15K in San Diego!


                           



I'm excited and nervous but that's to be expected. With over 5 months left before the big 15K, I have plenty of time to train and will use this blog to chronicle my successes, failures, and everything in between.

0 comments: