Friday, September 18, 2015

BIC Soleil Glow Razors Review


Thanks to BzzAgent, I recently received a pack of 3 BIC Soleil Glow razors. My first impression with the BIC Soleil Glow razors was that I love the bright colors they come in and I appreciated that there were 3 different colors in the package.

I was excited to try these out and had semi-high hopes since it is a 3-blade razor. I had a difficult time getting the protective cover off the razor, I thought it pulled off like most razors but instead you have to slide the cover off to one side. This was my error and I felt pretty silly afterwards that I spent a couple minutes just trying to figure out how to open the dang thing.

I shaved my armpits first and was not impressed! It felt the wide razor head didn't do a good job of contouring to the curves of the armpit area and therefore didn't get all the hairs and didn't provide a close shave. I had to go over the area a couple times and later in the day noticed I had razor burn in my armpits, that never happens to me! After my armpits I moved on to my legs, it worked better there but still wasn't as close a shave as I get with my usual razor.




I shave most of my body as I like to be fairly hair free but I didn't even attempt to shave my "private" area with this, it seemed much to big and bulky to do a thorough job and I was too scared I wouldn't have enough control of the razor and would nick or cut myself. But I did try it on my arms. I usually shave my arms with a Venus Intuition razor so I don't have to use shave cream or anything and can just go for it.

I tried the BIC Soleil Glow on my arms with just a little body wash and I LOVED it! It did a really good job on my arms and went pretty fast since it covers a big area at one time. My overall opinion of the BIC Soleil Glow razor is that I am not too impressed with it and I probably wouldn't purchase them for my legs or armpits but I might purchase them to use on my arms instead of the pricier ones I use now. The plastic piece around the blades is too big and bulky to allow for a close shave on most areas of the body. I did feel the razor was very smooth and had a nice glide and feel to it but just didn't provide the close shave I am used to. I loved the ergonomic handle which is much bigger and wider than I am used to and it felt very comfortable to hold.


Disclaimer: I am a BzzAgent and received free products in exchange for a review. Opinions are my own and are not influenced in any way by any party but myself.